mardi 3 janvier 2017

Plane Crash

So if you saw the news about the plane crash in McKinney, Texas this weekend... I just had to post somewhere to get it off my chest a bit.

The father and son that were killed were really good friends, mentors AND family members of mine. We met them when they were stationed in Germany with us. My daughter ended up marrying his oldest son. The dad was a scoutmaster for both of my sons at one time or another. He did my oldest son's oath of enlistment in the US Army. Just a really GREAT man... sometimes we throw that word around too easily but in this case it is justified. Spanky was a great pilot (flew t-38's, B-52's and the U-2). A great father... raised three Eagle Scouts and two boys went to the Air Force Academy. His daughter is still in high school. Spanky ALWAYS had a ready smile... a quick handshake and his trademark was to call everyone by "Mr." as in Mr. Tim or Mr. Mike... always!

The son was valedictorian of his graduating class. A standout student and just an incredible young man with a such a bright future. He was a friend to both of my boys and especially to my daughter (his sister in law).

Such a tragic loss of a great man and one following in his footsteps!

Basically I'm just grieving and having a hard time concentrating on anything right now.

Thanks for allowing me to post this... please do NOT repost this anywhere as this will identify me and my family.

NGH

This article passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article: The Guardian's Summary of Julian Assange's Interview Went Viral and Was Completely False.



Plane Crash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire