mardi 17 janvier 2017

This rifle amazes me! Any long range guys?

Click image for larger version Name: 15965606_1597668556916746_8324479815740484592_n.jpg Views: 11 Size: 5.7 KB ID: 182666

I'm really amazed at how accurate a modern bolt action rifle can be. This is at 700 yards on the nose. I know in the world of long range shooting this is no great achievement but to me personally it's pretty cool.

I dialed in 6.7 mils up and held .5 mils to the left to roughly account for spin drift. At this distance I definitively have to account for variations in muzzle velocity due to temperature changes, it was 24 degrees when these rounds were fired with a MV of 2578, using 168 grain Sierra Matchking .308 BTHP. I haven't shot enough at this distance to say if it is possible to duplicate the shots this close together, but wow, cool to see.

I know a lot of people may not see the need for a long range system but I enjoy it and like maximizing what my weapon is capable of. I'm not currently taking into account the Coriolis Effect, and I'm not yet attempting to shoot a magnum caliber out that far. Currently sticking inside of 800 and just enjoying life. I'm really only interested in what I can consistently do to hit reliably on my first hit, rather than trying to see how far I can hit.

Mostly curious who on here is interested in long range shooting?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



This rifle amazes me! Any long range guys?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire