mercredi 15 mars 2017

Assumed incompetence

DefaultAssumed incompetence


I purchased a quad the other day from an origional owner, An owner operator of an excavating company. He has done well for himself and has a nice new house on acreage with lots of toys. He was a real personable guy and we chatted for about an hour while looking over the Quad and sighning papers. However I had an issue with the paperwork at the insurance office when trying to register it so I called him and we agreed to meet at a different brokers so we could use his original bill of sale, saving me annoying noterey fees (I live in BC and off road vehicles need a tax grabbing registration now). I got the the new brokers first and the young woman behind the counter was fine with the photocopied bill of sale I had. The seller showed up before i could call him some explained we were all good, he turned to the young lady and says " oh good, when I pulled up and I saw you I figured we were in for a real headache. The old guy I talked to last time knew what he was doing." The Broker, visibly annoyed politely informed him that she in fact trained most of the branch employees, including "the old guy". The seller left and we got on with out paperwork, she did a great job.
When I got home I told the wife and mother in law about it and they had plenty of stories about similar occurrences. The mother in law co-owns a company and offer when calls come in people will not want to talk to her or ask for her partner instead.
Ive experienced bias' based on my youth in the past but never any assumed incompetence based on my gender. I was amazed with the girls professionalism and commended her on it.
Does this his sort of thing happen all the time? How do Women deal with it?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Assumed incompetence

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire