dimanche 19 mars 2017

The Great 10/22 Soft Shoe How To -- Part 2 --

aka -- "Wifey's next birthday long gun" --

A few months ago I got this from our S.A.F.E. prez & NRA board member John Cushman -- $100. w/ the case --

So much for my hand gun license last year -- but our tax refunds are on the way --

I didn't do any of the trigger work yet -- I wanted it done for a big reveal at our next "Women on Target" class's on the 18th. -- I'll lay it on the show & tell table and see if she notices ?

Sooooooooooooooooooo --

Birch stock which is horable to stain --

So -- lets see --- ? --- Pink ?

She likes a short-ish length of pull - so off with 3/4" at the apex of the curve --

Barrel bands are for ******* -- 30° cut --

Marked where I want the comb cut - drilled the holes first - then cut --

Found some 1/4" brass rod on line ( apparently theres none on Crap-island ) -- cut lengths & 1 & 1/2" off the barrel --

There's a guy on YouTube who made his own set screw anchor's -- nice -- but I found these furniture thing's in Lowes -- yes they snap e-z --

Epoxied them in and the rods into the comb -- hamster pommel horse --

A little Bondo --

A long white vinegar bath --

Got a 1900 box plastic top & used the cut end for a template --

Dime store flip-flops --

Belt sanded --

Gloss paint this time --

Painted the butt plate & inside the combing -- the cut off front - lavender --

Oops -- the first thing I did to the stock was mill finger groves -- just in case I screwed it up --

Barrel front site filled in & painted Duracoat matt black along with the reciver & scope rail --

The stamping on hers weren't really deep - but nail polish anyway & cobalt blue for me --

11° cut --

Let's block ads! (Why?)



The Great 10/22 Soft Shoe How To -- Part 2 --

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire