vendredi 17 mars 2017

Two BOBs = Buying Everything Twice = Bad Idea? SMH!

DefaultTwo BOBs = Buying Everything Twice = Bad Idea? SMH!


Fairly new to the forum with one posted topic re: survival knives, which I got a hella response to. Great feedback and suggestions that helped me make good decisions on recent purchases.
So, re: bug out bags, I've recently concluded that my plans for building two BOBs (his and hers) may be flawed. The flaw (question) being, do I really need to purchase two of everything on my gear list that results in two BOBs that are exactly the same? If so, my wife likely ends up with a BOB that is too big and heavy for her to manage.
In the SHTF scenario I'm planning for, my wife and I bug out together. With that in mind, is it really necessary for us to carry two of everything? Are there items we should just carry one of?...examples - multi-tools, emergency/weather radios, shelter supplies, saw/hatchet, first aid kits, etc.
I'm torn because I want her BOB to be self-reliant for her needs and not dependent on my BOB if we got separated for some unforeseen reason. Yet, again, we're dealing with a size/weight issue that could be difficult for her to pack, much less pace very far.
Just curious what some of you have done, or would do, in this scenario? Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Two BOBs = Buying Everything Twice = Bad Idea? SMH!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire