dimanche 12 mars 2017

No compass ,but I know I want to go East.

When using my compass I shoot targets on course every 50 to 200 yards or so
depending , I know being right handed I will drift left if I do not shoot targets
on course.

If I do not have a compass, but determined True North by sighting the North star, what should I do to keep going to help that is the cabin target due east 5 miles or so distant?

Do I stop every so often and use my watch? Every 100 yrd? Or should I stop and make a sun dial every hour or so and wait to make a line of direction?

How do I walk a " good enough" course to say a known cabin due east that is more or less 5 miles
and that is all I know at the starting first pace?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



No compass ,but I know I want to go East.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire