dimanche 23 septembre 2018

Folders for self defense?

I took this topic from a Facebook group I recently joined.From what I've seen so far, most seem to be a bunch of keyboard commandos, imho, but..I saw the discussion (that will, sure as ****, turn into an argument....its fbook, after all) and thought I'd ask y'all.

So....how many of y'all carry a knife specifically for self defense? I'll go ahead & admit that I don't....definitely not specifically. I generally wear a small fixed blade....an izula or a similar sized custom or Puma blade, just depends on the day.....on my belt that could, if necessary, be used that way....but that's not really the main reason I carry them....I guess my SAK could put a couple holes in somebody if it had to, too, but I don't think its anybody's idea of a "defensive blade"......So...yeah, I don't really carry a strictly "self defense"knife, not to say that I can't see a logical reason to...

Anyway, Ive gotten away from the point. The argument on fbook is that folding knives aren't good for self defense because they fold....the lock could break & etc, etc....they're not ideal. One of the things being brought up is "the military doesnt issue folders".....which, hell, I dunno if they do or not. I'm familiar with the FS combat knives, some ww1 trench knives, and the ka bar, not much else. There's a few guys in that group that seem to think a ka bar is the only valid self defense knife out there & anyone who doesn't EDC one is just pretending and/or a fool.

Anyway (again), since its turning into a big "discussion" on there, I figured I'd ask y'all (whose opinions I trust more than some randoms on facebook). I can kind of see the point about folders and how they, you know, fold.....but I also dunno the chances of that happening with a decent folder. My other thought was the old chestnut "the best knife is the one you have on you"....which is true. Are you really gonna carry a 8-10" blade to buy groceries?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Folders for self defense?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire