dimanche 7 avril 2019

Vitamin D

I worked for a while for a company with a lab. They did some vitamin D testing. The lab techs likely used a GC (gas chromatography) machine. That likely isn't the information you are looking for I imagine. How it works is a special copper coil is ordered that is then installed into the GC machine that can test for vitamin D. The vitamin D sample is injected into the machine, the sample is then burnt in the copper wire tubes, and how quickly it burns gives a result. I believe that is how it worked. I didn't work in the lab myself. I only would talk with the lab techs.

While I was looking up how to spell gas chromatography, this article popped up.

"Scientists develop GC-MS vitamin D test that costs as little as $0.70"

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-as-24070.aspx

I remember a lab tech telling me the vitamin D test is similar to a cholesterol test. It might be possible to create a testing method similar to the home cholesterol tests. I recall some research on how that can be done has been published.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Vitamin D

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire