mardi 9 avril 2019

What to do with coyote pups?

Yesterday afternoon I looked out into the yard to see my cats being chased (playfully?) by two coyote pups. Then they took after my little banty roo (who is bigger than them and had no problems getting away).

I found they were living under the shed. I believe there are only the two of them, no adult.

They are very small. Maybe a foot long? They can't be very old. I've not noticed an adult. And the adult would be much too big to fit under the shed.

I caught one of them overnight in a trap.

Here's a picture from yesterday.

Click image for larger version Name: 20190409_054552-411x353.jpg Views: 42 Size: 68.2 KB ID: 285734

A few days ago I did find right in the shed a dead coon. It was slightly partially eaten. At the time, I thought it had just crawled in there and died, and the skunk that I have seen coming on the porch must have picked at it. But now I wonder if the mother had put it there?

But so far I have not seen any adult.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What to do with coyote pups?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire