lundi 8 avril 2019

Selling vintage MS63/MS64 for spot price?

I've long held vintage graded gold for prepping and the "perfect storm". That perfect storm has arrived in the form of a hurricane. I must sell a fair amount.

Denver has two large bullion sellers/buyers. They are next door to one another. For years they have been paying spot price for highly graded vintage coins. They say that after the 2008 financial crisis the rarity and quality of old gold no longer matters much. Indeed - that old gold is not as desirable because it is an alloy (for durability - they are 90% pure gold) and therefore doesn't offer the full ounce that newer American Eagles offer. They feel that buyers are now prepping and not interested in rarity - they simply want the bullion. That is what the crisis did to investor confidence in the system - my take on it.

I purchased the coins from my parents safety deposit box during the estate liquidation. Paid about $1650/ounce at the time. My father paid a huge premium for much of the vintage MS63/MS64/MS65 gold coins. MS64 and MS65 are very high quality.

I am not happy with selling a $2250 coin (published value) for spot price - currently about $1300. Never had a single call from Craigslist ads. I don't think Ebay would work too well unless one was a rated coin dealer. Confidence being the issue.

Is there a way to recover closer to published values when selling graded vintage gold? I can easily sell for spot value of course.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Selling vintage MS63/MS64 for spot price?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire