jeudi 4 avril 2019

What kind of primer do you put over etching primer?

I'm trying my hand at doing some very limited paint work on an older car.

I've been using etching primer to prime the bare metal in preparation for base coat/clear coat paint.

This is NOT the entire body of the car. It IS the trunk lid and a small air foil.

I will be painting with already mixed, color matched base coat that you can order in a spray can. Yes, I know the color wont match 100% but it's a hooptie, I don't care. Then clear coat over that.

Problem---can of etching primer says not to put paint directly on it.

So what kind of primer do I use over the etching primer before I apply the base coat?

The can does not specify what to use.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What kind of primer do you put over etching primer?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire