dimanche 6 mars 2016

Biological sand filters

I did a search but did not find the answers that I am looking for. I may have missed it, if so, please point me to the correct thread.

I am going to start a dual rain barrel system this spring in the back of my yard that will feed off the shed roof (8'x16'). I have the schematics down for the system that I plan to use.

I plan on using a sand filter system along with the rain barrels to water my garden, but would also like to have the system done correctly so that the water will be drinkable if needed. This system will be stand alone, not hooked up to the rain barrels.

I have been reading up (and watching you-tube videos) and have gotten different versions of what to do.
now to the questions;

1: should i do a single stage system or a dual stage
2: some system use just sand and stones, some use activated charcoal, do I need the AC ?
3: Is a ceramic dome filter needed ?
4: I read that it takes a few weeks for the biological system to start working. Should I wait to start the filter system until I need to drink the water, or should I start using it right away to get it stable?
Sorry for all the questions, but I want to get it right the first time.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Biological sand filters

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire