vendredi 11 mars 2016

Lice

Hi, I am relatively new here.
I read an article about a holocaust survivor who's prize possession was her lice comb. I made me think about this aspect of life in the survival philosophy. If a situation occurred in which hygiene became a challenge and lice entered the equation, what would I do?
Here is the article that I read.
http://ift.tt/1U6LpQR

Here is another article about ancient Caucasian mummies found in China. The articles on these seem to focus on the oddity of ancient Caucasians being found in China, but further study shows that the mummies are in excellent condition and offer hard facts about life in those times including the commonality of intense lice infestation.

http://ift.tt/WJGOSh
wiki/Tarim_mummies

http://ift.tt/1Xidmn2
"Body lice (Pediculus humanus corporis) are latecomers compared to head lice, probably appearing with the advent of humans wearing clothes 110,000-170,000 years ago. As the concept of cleaning clothes occurred quite later, the constant contact with dirty garb caused frequent infestations.
This may be a common issue with the homeless today, but will likely be an epidemic in a collapse situation when regular bathing and clothes washing becomes problematic."

Any thoughts

PS. I did a search of this forum and there are some excellent threads on lice. This is a very good group and I thank you all for that. Personally I have never had (or seen) lice. It is perhaps a phobia that I have and that's why I researched it.


Last edited by Carlos Agudo; Today at 10:18 AM.. Reason: More info

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Lice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire