mardi 8 mars 2016

The newness....

I have my Romanian here and is 922r compliant. NOW she has new shoes

First off, Krylon Fusion Tan looked darker on the lid than it does on application.....and in NO WAY matches MagPul FDE in ANY manner:

But that's ok because I can paint the grip. I'll do that later. Here's the hand guard:


And then my new ATI collapsing and folding stock arrived:

Which is awesome but the top rail that's installed doesn't fit properly. That's ok, I have a 6" bench mounted disc sander for the aluminum tang mount:



Sanded that point down and she fits like a glove:


So I pulled the stock apart and taped up everything that I wanted to keep black. Note to the community - blue painters tape does NOT give a nice clean edge when using Krylon Fusion. It bleeds through the edge of the tape. Use something else. I got her cleaned up but save yourselves the headache:


So the paint's mostly dry [surface dry at least] so I began to assemble the cheek riser to the stock:

And here is the final product:

Got her sitting on top a heat register that's blowing a constant warm air on the paint job.

I'm now thinking I want to do the safety lever, magazine release mounting box and front sight block. I'll get to the grip eventually. Any thoughts?

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



The newness....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire