jeudi 2 juin 2016

Squash Vine Borers vs Panty Hose Wrap

Every now and then I read about wrapping the bottom of squash stems as a protection against vine borers. I’ve never gotten around to actually trying it but was thinking about getting some at the dollar store today for that purpose.

Have any of you ever tried it and if so, did it work or did the moths just lay their eggs above the wrapping anyway?

Once the borers are in the main stem, I’ve tried cutting them out with mixed results, not good more often than not. I’ve also tried injecting a bT solution into an infected stem in hopes of killing the borer. Usually it’s been too little, too late. This year I vow to wage all out war. Row cover would help but it’s too danged hot here for that.

Needing to do more research….

"Doom-di-doom doom-di-doom.. do da SQUASH wrap"

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Squash Vine Borers vs Panty Hose Wrap

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire