dimanche 1 janvier 2017

back up solar/battery bank

good afternoon all, i live in a suburb of Philadelphia on 5 acres of land. my home is 100% electric. i have well water (deep well 400+ feet) and septic and electric heat pump. i am looking into building a battery bank wired through inverter back fed through a breaker in my panel to power up my fridge, well pump, and other basics through an extended power outage. i have a wood stove for heat. i currently have a large generator that i hook up to the house, throw off my main power switch on panel, and backfeed into my panel through hardwire into a 50 amp breaker. it runs everything in my house except for the heatpump when AUX heat is on and uses the aux heating coils in air handler. my thoughts were for a longer outage, i could build a battery bank in my basement by the electric panel, wire them through a large inverter to run my well pump and various other circuits in the home, and charge the batteries via solar panels & controller. i think i need a high power inverter as my well pump is a 1 hp grunfos 1hp (5S10-22) and is over 400' in the ground.

i have been looking at the AIMS Power (PICOGLF60W24V240VS) 6000W 24V DC to 120/240V AC Pure Sine Inverter Charger, midnite solar controller and renogy panels. i see many of you have built your own systems and i was wondering your thoughts on this set up

This article passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article: The Guardian's Summary of Julian Assange's Interview Went Viral and Was Completely False.



back up solar/battery bank

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire