vendredi 20 janvier 2017

IWI Tavor-- Anyone ran one?

For a bullpup, they are a pretty solid design. Even though it is a semi-auto version, the gun is based off a very good design that has a great track record (the IDF doesn't use garbage). Only issue I can think of off the top of my head, if you use the charging handle, make sure it goes all the way forward (there is sort of a detent up there). If you ride it forward, you'll likely get a failure to fire. If the bolt is locked back, use the release towards the rear or pull back and let it go forward by itself.

They are heavy, considering the amount of polymer used, but the weight is predominantly in the rear. Even though you should use a support hand, you can maneuver the rifle one handed very easily.

Trigger... yea, they kind of suck. The release of the X95 (similar gun, but they moved to an AR style magazine release and changed the location of the charging handle) started the use of a better trigger pack. Not awesome, but an improvement over the original ones the gun came in with. The current Tavors use the same X95 trigger packs. But if you want a very nice trigger pull, Geissele trigger pack and trigger bow. Will cost you some coin, but the trigger on mine is AWESOME! I didn't mind the original trigger, but got a good deal on the Geissele parts.

Price... yea, it is an investment. My 16.5" Tavor was $1,800. But I could easily spend that much on an AR... Some builds I've seen people do can easily go way above $2,000. Just depends on what you would have done if you went with an AR.

But I like how compact the rifle is. You take a 16" AR and put it next to a 16.5" Tavor, and you will be questioning how it could be legal. Bullpups are far from my favorite design, but for overall profile, they are leaps and bounds better than traditional rifle designs. I got a KSG with that Tavor, being I figured I should buy some new toys after the election (dealers stocked up in case it went the other way, so the least I could do)... and both are very good designs.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



IWI Tavor-- Anyone ran one?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire