That said, I believe some are born with a trigger. I know I have one. If I stepped over, I would have a very hard time with alcohol and/or drugs. One reason I have not sought anything for my headaches. If someone has an addiction, IMO they were born with a trigger and unfortunately happened to pull it.
Same with mental illness. They have done twin studies. Some twins are both ill. Some twins are both healthy, and some pairs have one healthy and one sick. One had the trigger pulled, one did not.
The trick is trying to identify said trigger and avoiding it at all costs. I was blessed to have people in my early life explain I could never drink/drugs because I had a switch, that could be thrown, and if it was I would end up in a miserable life of addiction.
You can have 10 people all go through the same experience. Some have PTSD. Some do not. It all depends on their foundation. Add an addiction trigger to the mix and "self treating" with substances and you have a mess on your hands.
Personally, I believe most, if not all, shooters are just flatly evil. It is not a mental health issue or even an addiction issue. The addicts I know are all interested in feeding and maintaining the habit, it doesn't make them evil. It just makes them desperate.
Someone, for instance, can be bipolar, have PTSD, and an alcoholic, but what drives them to become a shooter? Evil. No more, no less. He chose evil.
I know plenty of "hot messes" who, by all means, should be out there committing horrible and violent acts. Like myself. But we have chosen "good" and not "evil" so we are safe.
Evil leads to those acts, nothing else.
We Are All Different
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire