dimanche 30 avril 2017

BOB Safe Fuel?

OK, I got caught in the East Texas tornado/vicious thunderstorm mess. These experiences alway make you re-think what you are missing.

I was in Mabank on Cedar Creek Lake, in what I can best describe as a hurricane. I left for home today, but they still have no power.

When the electricity went out, I grabbed the car bag, which came in handy. But I realized something. I've always figgered that with my fire building supplies, I'd always have fire. Not so. Doesn't work when the air is solid liquid.

The house is all electric, and we just wanted some coffee or tea. I carry my little Coleman burner in the winter, but I ditch the propane when summer comes. I'd like an independent cooking source for when the outdoors is undesirable, and you have shelter.

Any ideas of a fuel to keep in the car bag when temps can reach 180*? Not interested in high-temp candle wax, it's safe, but it doesn't get hot enough.

Suggestions?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



BOB Safe Fuel?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire