mardi 25 avril 2017

Just bought a new Molot Vepr!

Well, to ad to my RedJacket RS KP and my Arsenal I just bought a Molot VEPR AK/RPK74. The 5.45x39 family just got bigger!

I have a lot of respect for the AK74 rifle. Where I was fighting in Afghanistan(Kunar Prov.) the animals all seemed to be armed with them. Believe it when you read how bad the wounds are from the 5.45x39. They are devastating.

While I don't want to start the M4/AK nonsense, I will say that I had my M4 stop on me 3 times where I honestly could have been killed. And in my company, I was laughed at because I was always stripping and cleaning my rifle(Any afghan vet will tell you about the grit over there). In fact, if nothing was shakin', I'd offer to clean other mens rifles(and SAW's). Ak's NEVER seem to stop. Sad but true.

At any rate, I love the AK platform, and while I have owned the 7.62x39 version(I had a very nice Valiant milled receiver and a pretty nice WASR, which I sold to a member on these boards) I decided, after my tour and being under fire of both types, to rearm with the '74. I get quite a few laughs from my friends who I shot with. They are also both vets(tho vets of Iraq) and make many a joke about me refusing to own an M4. But as I can honestly say I'm not a "long range shooter", I don't need an M4.

Anyway, this thing is heavier then the other 2, and with my only 40rd mag snapped in, its a whale! I have a good idea what I want to do with it, but I'm told that because of the thicker receiver, looks like I will have to keep the fixed stock on for the time being. I would have liked a "triangle" stock(I have one on my RedJacket) but they are not avalible for the Vepr.

Here's what my son and I are planning:

"Krink" style bulgarian 4 piece break.

New railed front end.

Texasweaponssystem top cover.

Change the pistol grip.

Extended charging handle.

Replace the safety to a "extended" type w/bolt hold.

And look into getting an "M4 STYLE" stock.

What do you guys think? Any VEPR owners here? Any ideas to the above what would work?

Looks great! As I am off work for the rest of the school year, due to my back, and my son is home schooled, looks like we will be loading magazines tonight and shooting in the AM!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Just bought a new Molot Vepr!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire