vendredi 28 avril 2017

Organic Fig Tree Fertilizer Experiment

My fig trees aree not growing, so I decided to mix up some organic fig tree fertilizer.
  • Cut the top off of a one gallon milk jug.
  • Fill 3/4 with water.
  • One handful aged chicken manure.
  • One handful ash from my smoker. This is a mix of oak, pecan and wild cherry.
  • Handful bone meal.
  • Urine.
  • Mix together with a stick.
  • Pour around base of fig tree.
I had a small one year old fig tree that I thought had died over the winter. It was nothing more than a foot long stick with a very small sprout coming off the top.

I picked that fig tree to try the experiment on. The solution was poured around the base.

One month later, the test tree had almost a foot of growth, the other fig trees had very little growth.

Two of the larger fig trees had almost no growth over the course of the month.

First video posted March 10, 2017

Follow up video posted April 28, 2017.


Another batch of the solution was mixed up and poured around the other small fig tree. Will update in a month.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Organic Fig Tree Fertilizer Experiment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire