dimanche 30 avril 2017

ISO Suggestions for small, on the go, high energy food/snacks

I dumped those bars and trail mixes years ago.

For my practice bugout marches I carry a few sardine tins, dehydrated rice, salt/pepper mix, and lentils.

Dehydrated or minute rice needs no cooking. Water and rice in a ziploc bag fully rehydrates in a half hour for carb energy.

Sardines need no effort and have high protein and long lasting fats energy.

Both can be eaten while walking. And while I'm walking I pluck roadside forage weeds I've learned about and stuff then in a ziploc for later.

I stop once a day to filter replacement water and boil up some lentils in 30 minutes or so. Add my forage weeds and my seasoning.

Is it tasty fare? Not really. But it's powerhouse nutrition that covers all my dietary needs. And it is a very lightweight meal system. I'll eat regular cooking when I get where I'm going and if this diet is dull then it only makes me push on faster to my destination.

Mind you, when I go recreational camping or hunting or fishing I eat like a king. No need for those bars or trail mixes either because I'm not packing light. I might be using my truck for my pack.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



ISO Suggestions for small, on the go, high energy food/snacks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire