mardi 25 avril 2017

Have you any elderberry?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet ElvisView Post
I added 4 fruit trees last year and have been considering getting some elderberry going. Want to make my own syrup eventually. How big do these get? Would a couple of plants grow large enough to produce that much, or would I need several?

Also, is there a preferred variety?

Couple real nice plants will produce a lot. If I can remember, need to get male & female plants? I collect my berries from volunteer plants growing in fence rows, along railroad tracks, etc. Once the berries become ripe, I snip the flower head off with all the berries, place in brown paper bag. Put in freezer. Then you can take a fork and flic the berries from the flower head. Wild elderberries are the size of 00 buckshot. Remember, elderberry juice goes a long way.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Have you any elderberry?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire