samedi 28 octobre 2017

Worst 10/22 I have ever bought.

Sportsman's Guide had a special deal on a limited edition Ruger 10/22 Kryptek Typhon rifle. It came with a 25 round BX-25 and I had a gift card that was going to expire soon so I figured what the heck.

I cleaned and lubed it up and headed to the range.
Right off the bat I encountered three issue. First, the magazine follower was a bit 'floppy.' As it turned out it would hang up at least one or two times, no matter that ammunition that I tried. Switching to another magazine solved the problem but I am stuck with a defective magazine.

The trigger break is awful. I have had quite a few 10/22s over the years and this is the worst by far, trigger-wise. (The good news is that I have several good spares laying around.) Not only is the break bad but it is catching on the reset, making an odd noise at times.

Last, there were quite a few failures to extract. I usually replace the extractor with an Eagle Claw anyway but still, this was only the second one that I have had an issue with right out of the box. (the other was in a Ruger Mark III 45/22 which uses the same extractor.)

Good news is that it was accurate. As with my other 10/22's it seems to like Federal AutoMatch or 40 gr Mini-Mags the best for accuracy. It looks like they have reduced the width of the front sight a bit but I will probably be adding a fiber optic anyway.

My experience with Ruger Customer Service has been pretty good in the past. I am hoping I can send them the trigger group and the magazine for replacement and not the whole rifle.

What makes me sad it the decline in quality control at Ruger.

I do like the stock except for the front eyelet for the sling attachment It looks very fragile.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Worst 10/22 I have ever bought.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire