mercredi 25 octobre 2017

Would this container be able to store calcium hypochlorite safely?

I am aware of the dangers of storing calcium hypochlorite, and in fact having tried it myself previously have now decided that it's simply too risky. The off-gassing of chlorine is just too hard to contain safely. I am now instead just keeping a couple of bottles of regular Clorox bleach on hand, rotating them every few months, and also keeping a couple of cases of Steramine for dish washing and spraying down surfaces.

That being said, I just came across these jars on Amazon, and I'm mostly just curious, as an intellectual exercise, to hear what you experts think about whether they'd be suitable for storing this stuff.

http://ift.tt/2gHSj42

The reason why they pique my interest is that they seem to be composed entirely of materials that have very good resistance to chlorine and calcium hypochlorite, namely glass body, a lid made of polypropylene, and a disc in the lid made of PTFE. I'm just not sure if that disc would give a gas tight seal. I've tried contacting the company and their phone system is borked (hangs up on you), and no reply by email. But in any case, like I said this is just an intellectual inquiry at this point - I'm not planning on actually doing it, just that I've spent so long searching for containers that would be good for storing pool shock safely, that finally seeing something that seems to be made of appropriate materials, for a reasonable price, I'm just curious... what do you think? Would it be safe? Would it contain the gas from seeping out? Or is that even a good idea to try to do? I have talked to the people who make Poolife TurboShock, and they told me in no uncertain terms "don't try to contain this stuff, just store it in a well ventilated, temperature controlled area". Ok, like I said, I'm convinced, but at this point I'm just curious. How do you think these bottles would do?

Thanks for any insights...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Would this container be able to store calcium hypochlorite safely?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire