dimanche 28 octobre 2018

Best appliances to run on generator.

With a good generator it will make no difference if the AC comes from your genny or the grid.

I would look for energy star ratings as a start. More efficient stuff will be cheaper to run.

The most expensive power you will ever buy is the stuff you generate.

I lived on generator power for weeks at a time 24/7 as radio guy in the army - very expensive.

I would look at having a battery bank and perhaps an inverter so I could limit the hours per day using the generator.

A propane refrigerator/freezer could work. I had a Servel for years - about 3 weeks on a BBQ tank of propane. Could make ice.

I use a propane cooktop. I can cook for myself almost a year on a BBQ tank - even with the X who could only cook on full blast we never used 4 tanks a year.

LED lighting - I added some off road spot/work LED lights to my cabin. Good for 9-30 VDC. I can power them with my HAM radio battery bank used for my 2 M radios. I also have a power supply that runs on AC from the grid.

Don't ever let the generator run out of fuel with your load connected - stuff can fry in the power surges.

If you need space heating/water consider capturing the heat off the exhaust and perhaps the engine - 2/3 of your fuel $ are wasted as heat.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Best appliances to run on generator.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire