mercredi 31 octobre 2018

If Horror Films Were Made In The South

Im from northern MN. My wife is from FL. Obviously completely different environments.

First time that I went to visit her family we were driving around. We are driving on a back road and a turtle is crossing the road. She wants me to pull over and put it in the trunk so we can drive to this swamp area and drop it off. Me being dumb, ok, lets do it.

We get to the swamp and I am taking it out, I take it to the water and thats when I realize its not a very friendly turtle. I drop it down into the water and thats when I see an alligator floating along the water. Nope, not for me. I go running away from the water and trip and find myself face to face with a not nice looking snake. Barely got away from that thing and then found myself facing a big wood stork that started charging at me.

Im yelling, running for the car and my then at the time fiance, is in the car laughing her ass off.

I told her that I am never coming back. Everything is trying to kill you. I much perfer the safety of northern MN where all you have to worry about are black bears and 1000 pound moose and -75 degree winters.

To be honest though, I have found that FL can actually be pretty nice once you know what to look out for. Still, 80 degrees on Christmas is still strange to me.

__________________
Father, husband, son, Marine.

"A terrorist is only as strong as the fear he creates."

"Things you own end up owning you"
- Tyler Durban

Let's block ads! (Why?)



If Horror Films Were Made In The South

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire