vendredi 26 octobre 2018

Boot grease

Just picked up some new danner recons and looking to treat them right. I’ve used sno-seal in the past and while it works well I’ve had issues with it caking up even after heating. Obenaufs is definitely a benchmark but I feel like it over softens boots (great on my bomber jacket, though!). I’ve used the danner dressing before and it not only didn’t work well it actually resulted in the leather failing somewhat early.

Currently looking at the following.
1. Obenaufs LP. Great durability and protection. I feel, based on prior experience, that it over softens the leather.
2. Nikwax leather wax. Works well for a short time but offers very poor durability.
3. Huberds shoe grease. No experience but seems like a possible alternative to Obenaufs.
4. Pecards leather dressing. Does contain petroleum products which I don’t care for.
5. Graingers G-wax. Advertised as a natural beeswax product. No experience.
6. Otterwax boot wax. Beeswax and lanolin. No experience.
7. Sno-seal. While I am sure I can’t go wrong with it I don’t care for how previous boots would cake up with white wax in the creases even after heating up.

Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Boot grease

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire