jeudi 25 octobre 2018

What put you on the road to success?

After .mil, i took advantage of my VEAP benefits and was attending a local community college, working two part tie jobs, driving a truck and waiting tables.

I was good at both and happened to have a table of sales reps and the owner of a home improvement company..He too a liking to me and asked me if i'd like to make 2k a week, part time w benefits? Duh..

I took a chance, he took a chance, and i started literally in door to door 100% commission sales.

He then paid for a 12week Dale Carnegie Professional Sales program, which i excelled in, and the rest is history.

I have been a professional sales person, ever since, this was 1990...

I got into security sales, alarm systems, then advanced to technical engineer sales for a global security equipment manufacturer (ademco/honeywell/C&k) when things were going computerized, took advantage of that training and have been in IT stuff ever since.

Got into computers back in 2001, went to local college for Comp TIA training, then started my own IT service's firm.

Now, i run a successful managed services firm, no employees, specialize in small/micro businesses, and the wife and i do ok...

We live below our means, have zero debt to speak of, investments, property and the like.

We both work from home and have the ability to take off and travel, as i can do 80% of my service remotely, and anything that requires onsite service i send a strategic partner out to handle.

No fuss, no muss.

So, it all started with me becoming a sales professional and never looking back..

however, i was in a PSYOPs prior, which was all about selling and influencing...go figure...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What put you on the road to success?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire