lundi 29 octobre 2018

My heart is a traitor---and I always treated it good

64 and never smoked a cigarette in my life. Always ate what was supposed to be "right". Exercised, and watched my weight.

Now I'm told that I have "severe" aortic valve stenosis, and need a valve replacement in the next few months.

And at the same time as I'm receiving this devastating news, my employer is switching to one of those high deductible insurance plans. I'm on the hook for $6500 before it kicks in.

And I'm only 12 months away from qualifying for Medicare.

And I come from a long lived family. Yes--there was some heart trouble in my parents, but not until they were in the 80's.

I wish now I would have smoked and boozed and partied more. Living the "straight and narrow" did nothing for me.

Yeah--I know it's normal to get "crapped-on" by Goddess Fortuna sometimes in life.

But I feel like a buffalo in the sky just unloaded onto me.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



My heart is a traitor---and I always treated it good

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire