vendredi 29 mars 2019

Dryfood - Remember to test out your stores

I've been eating dryfood stocks since February - along with a very small amount of freshfood that has nearly run out, havn't gone shopping since February, and the one thing that is important is to learn to cook with the food you have as well as let your stomach adjust.

Oddly fermenting and sprouting seems to make things a lot easier on the stomach if switching to a dry food diet after eating processed foods and fresh foods.

Just want to let people know to actually use their dried foods for a couple weeks every so often to see what it would be like if SHTF.

I am also very surprised how long my preps are lasting I spent $200 in December on dried foods, and the stuff is lasting a lot longer than I expected. I a was thinking I would run out of food by around now, but it seems that I would not be surprised if I made it into May or June at this point - however my main go tos, rice and wheat flour are running low - probably another two or three weeks worth, after that it is mostly just beans and legumes. However the one benefit of having Indian roommates is that they use alternative grinds and flours like chick peas that I am learning how to better use.

Also slow cooking dried food makes for a change from boiled dried foods or refried dried foods.

For sprouts it is a delicate process to get just enough water for the stuff to sprout, but I am having a real problem with white - I think bacterial / mold growing on the stuff - I think in part due to having the entire area full of food bacterials from my fermenting. None the less the point of this message was to remind people to actually use their preps from time to time to let their bodies adjust to the change of food digestion. Going to a high fiber raw food diet out of no where can be rough on the system.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Dryfood - Remember to test out your stores

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire