lundi 1 avril 2019

Security Camera System Recommendations for BOL and Satellite Internet

I built a Wi-Fi camera system on my own from 3 D-Link DCS-932L cameras, an old laptop I wasn't using anymore and a 500g external USB HDD. The DCS-932L are indoor only cameras that no longer available from D-Link but working models can be purchased for $25 off eBay (make sure the camera says "MyDLink Capable" for it to work over the web).

I run free I-Spy software on the laptop to monitor the cameras at home and recorded everything they see 24 hrs a day. I can access the cameras by logging into a D-Link website and view my house remotely. I don't have any alerts set because they are way too sensitive and pickup a fly moving across the window or a tree moving in the wind. I review their footage every 2-3 weeks before purging the data off the external HDD.

It's been a good system but only works during the daytime because the cameras are indoors looking out a window and the IR LEDs reflect off the glass making the camera blind during the night. A neighbor turned me on to the idea of installing a dedicated IR emitter on the front of my garage so I can begin seeing what is happening outdoors at night.

Mark

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Security Camera System Recommendations for BOL and Satellite Internet

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire