jeudi 27 août 2020

NVG'S/Thermal

See this thread:
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=954860

My buddy (I did Iraq, he did Afganistan) has proposed we get 3-4 civilian NVG or thermal scopes each for "other people" in our " circle of trust" should the time come.

I picked up a Leupold thermal spotting scope recently rather than a second 14, but returned it. (It sucked) I have A low opinion of thermal overall.

I know milspec, not civilian.

I like 14's for driving or moving (after a couple hundred hours you get limited stereoscopic vision.) 7b's for LP/OP'S (Less eye strain)

Anyone with any recommendations for "good enough" for overwatch or a roadblock. (He made the point, won't be room clearing with them, so rifle mounted will work.)
-I prefer helmet mounted and a NVG comparable red dot, you scan more. But my days of foot patrols are likely behind me.

What do you have/used, what do you like, and have you used US 3rd gen? (Sorry, limited interest/use if you cannot compare and contrast.)

Thank you.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



NVG'S/Thermal

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire