samedi 29 août 2020

Well--solar power or storage tank?

If you have an elevation change of say vertical 120' then you would have 50 psi in your pipes. Well pumps here a usually 220 V and at least 1/2 horse power. A solar system can easily do the job. A proper inverter will be expensive.

When my well was out in the middle of winter, I rigged a tank with a 12 V DC RV pump I already had. I plumed it into my copper pipes under the kitchen sink by adding a T and a valve. It was just like being on my well, toilet flushed, hot shower; everything was normal except filling the tank with 7 gallon water jugs as required. You could easily use a cheap small 12 V solar system to pump from a holding tank to your house. Use a 220 V generator to fill the holding tank every few months.

A small solar system with a battery bank can do other things like run LED lighting, a radio, a computer, perhaps a security system, charge phones/flashlight batteries, a fan ... there is lots of 12 V DC devices for like truckers or rv people.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Well--solar power or storage tank?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire