vendredi 28 août 2020

Cheese powder is my new favorite prep food

I've discovered a wonderful prep food: cheese powder. It comes in a jar. You don't have to refrigerate it or freeze it, even after you've opened the jar. Twice I've used it to to make excellent mac & cheese. To do that, I created a cheese sauce by combining some cheese powder with milk and butter (I used reconstituted milk powder and reconstituted butter powder). Then I added cooked macaroni to the sauce, along with a bit of chopped onion. The cheese powder is highly concentrated, so I needed to use only a small amount of it - two generous tablespoons - to create a nice-sized batch of sauce.

There are quite a few different kinds of cheese powder available. The one I have is "Hoosier Hill Farm White Cheddar Powder."

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Cheese powder is my new favorite prep food

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire