dimanche 30 août 2020

removing "studs" from a motor?

I will do my best to explain the situation before I ask my question,it may not be clear.
Last week I posted the air filter on my genny crumbled and went into my carb.I got everything to pull the carb and clean it sat.Took off everything and the 2 nuts holding the carb,but when I tried to slide it off,it hit the frame.

I could
A-remove the whole gen from the frame
B-take a grinder to the frame
C-remove the "studs"
D-tip it over and just disassemle the carb in place

I opted for D,it was kinda a pain,but got it running great on the second pull.

So heres my question,the "studs" the carb went on were about 4 inches long,smooth in the middle,threaded on both ends..maybe 1/4" thick.One end screwed into the block,the other end had nuts that held the carb.I could not tell which way the threads turned going into the block,but the nuts came off normal,lefty loosey.
I tried a vice grip in the middle smooth part,turning both left and right..didn't move,and I didn't want to break something..so I just rebuilt/cleaned the carb in place.

So,any ideas/comments if I run into this again,and have to femove them?

Hope it was clear enough

Let's block ads! (Why?)



removing "studs" from a motor?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire