jeudi 15 octobre 2020

AR came apart

Got an "upper" here, buddy picked it up at a gun show and gave it to his son.

They shot it a bit, and then it came apart. Cracked the upper, blew the bottom off the bolt, mangled the charging handle, barrel looks ok, but as far as I am concerned its toast.

Buddy has my wrench and vice bloc, probably take it apart next week after I get my tools back.

Its .223 Wilde, and he is going to text me what factory ammo they were using.

I know a guy who (somehow) fired a .300blk in a 556, it looks like that.

Of course, another Marine in my unit had a similar "kaboom" with a issued M4 shooting issued ammo.

My bet is a squib, gotta take it apart before I can run a rod down the barrel (probably end up cutting it to find out.

Shooter dropped the gun due to the "loud noise" mag is toast, he is ok.
Lower bolt release is broken, but might be ok otherwise.

Bet he wasn't wearing eye pro.
Lucky.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



AR came apart

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire