lundi 19 octobre 2020

People dumping dogs due to economic downturn?

Living in a rural area seeing dumped dogs is not "that" uncommon. I am a member of a pets group on Facebook and every few days someone posts pics of dogs needing a home.

It seems over the past couple of months things have gotten worse. I have seen 5 dogs that appeared to have been dropped off.

  • I picked one up and gave it a home.
  • Two got on the highway and were killed - they traveled close to 2 miles.
  • Two more appeared on the county road I live on.
Usually the dogs are a couple here, couple there, and now all of a sudden I have seen 5.

I am not sure what is causing the surge, but I wonder if the economic downturn is a factor. Unemployment has not been extended, people are running out of money.... something has to give.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



People dumping dogs due to economic downturn?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire