lundi 19 octobre 2020

Leatherman Free p4- my quest for the perfect multi tool

Ok so I broke my SOG multi tool. I decided to try a leatherman free. I’ve used it for just a couple of days and I’ll give some thoughts.

Pros

1. Not as big as the sog or some other MTs. It’s not too small to use. It is MUCH more EDC friendly than a large size MT.

2. Pocket Clip. I don’t think I’ll use the pouch to carry it ( see cons ) Again much more EDC friendly.

3. One handed opening is pretty good for knife and pliers. Opening other tools isn’t really one hand , but it’s much easier than most MTs.

4. Has good set of tools. Not perfect ( see cons ) but scissors , saw , small screw driver for glasses and a file. These and the pliers are what I use most.

5. This is a high quality product from what I can tell. Leatherman has a good warranty and reputation.

6. American made.

Cons

1. Belt pouch sucks. Cheap nylon non mole pouch. No way to disconnect from
Belt without removing belt. It might be ok for a holster but I’m not worried about my multi tool being taken by a bad guy.

2. One handed opening is really for only a few of the tools.

3. File could be better. I really wish they had replaced the serrated blade with a 3 sided file like my SOG had. Having a 2 blades and a saw doesn’t make sense to me.

4. Extra small screwdriver sucks. Again I’d like a better one , maybe with a screw in tip with Phillips on one side and standard on the other. And maybe a little smaller. I don’t know if I can fix eyeglasses with this one. It should work for key fobs however. A stand alone micro screwdriver would be easy if they ditched the serrated blade and moved the file to its place.

Another option would be in the scales like they do with the tweezers on the Swiss army style leatherman.

5. It’s kind of expensive.

All in all I’d give this an 8 out of 10 for this size MT.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Leatherman Free p4- my quest for the perfect multi tool

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire