samedi 28 mai 2016

Glock 17 Handguns Roundup @ WikiArms.com

I have read with interest every post in this thread.

I am type 2, and have been for years.

Not all of the advice and "rules" people are posting for diabetics are correct for EVERYBODY. Each individual is, well, an INDIVIDUAL and will vary. I am quite different from a lot of diabetics. I have learned over the years what works, what doesn't and how to adjust things. It is important to have frequent visits with your doctor and complete blood tests.

In me, I found that following the ADA diabetic diet is about the worst thing I can do. Eating on that diet caused massive spikes and crashes in my blood sugar and left my A1C higher than when I started. I have found a balance of eating normal foods, taking my meds, and limiting quantity of food along with exercise.

For years, I have heard over and over how salt causes high blood pressure. I will guarantee you that I eat more salt than just about anybody you have ever met. BUT, I have naturally low blood pressure (Normal for me is 100/60. High is 110/70) and even with the amount of salt I eat, my blood sodium levels are low-normal to low. My doctors have even in the past prescribed me salt tablets!! And I eat TONS of salt. For example, A little while ago I had Whataburger and used 15 salt packets with my meal! A few weeks back my blood sodium was 137 mmol/L with 135-152 being the normal range.

Also, I eat ice cream. Regular full-fat sugar ice cream. It is actually a diabetic-friendly treat IN MODERATION. A friend, who is a nurse in a Diabetic ward said that is what they give as a treat. I find that the individual serving cups like they give kiddos at school are perfect size. Sugar-free and fat-free ice creams both mess my sugar levels up.

Donuts. I love them, but gave them up after I found I was type 2. Then a few years later, I had a couple. Blood sugar didn't spike thru the roof like I thought it would (Like I found rice would cause. Just a small amount of white rice and I was over 200) I would get maybe 150 after a couple of donuts. But the weird thing - about 6 hours later, I would have a sugar crash and be down around 50!

I have pretty much given up sodas. They are EVIL. I am convinced that I partially brought on my diabetes by massive amounts of sodas - specifically energy drinks. I work long hours, with very little sleep (usually only 4 hours a night during the week). I was always tired and got where I was drinking 6 or more Monster energy drinks a day! I didn't realize that the massive high my blood sugar was (300+) because of the energy drinks, was making me feel so tired and I was compensating with the caffeine dump and MORE sugar from the energy drinks - an evil cycle.

Each person will react differently to medicines and most dietary changes. What works for me might not work for you and vice-versa. What DOES work for almost everybody is losing weight, exercise and avoiding processed foods and sodas.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Glock 17 Handguns Roundup @ WikiArms.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire