dimanche 29 mai 2016

In praise of prepping...

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and prepping now for a couple of years...

I had a thought in a rare reflective moment the other day about the additional value to the survivalist bits and pieces I have learnt / started over those two years.

e.g. I've got my uk foundation licence, initially just so I could have a bit of off grid comms shtf, but now have this immersive little hobby in my spare room.

I started to learn how to grow my own fruit and some veg, just for a vitamin boost to the food reserves I have stocked. I've now filled my small garden with fruit trees and plants in pots and it looks literally lush and a nice place to be.

Taught myself to fish just in case we needed to catch for food, now love that as a hobby, although I haven't been out for ages.

Took an archery course locally so that I could have a little bit of ranged weaponry aside from the uk gun laws, discovered I have a bit of a talent there and now I freaking love it as a sport.

I've started growing my own mushrooms as a protein back up, built a 12v solar back up mains for the house, learnt more about construction and repair that I would have done and generally spend freaking hours tinkering and fettling which I would have wasted on the playstation previously.

In short, I think even if S does not HTF, all this survivalist business has added quite a lot of nice stuff to my life. A minority of which actually impresses my wife...

How have your preps added to you and yours??

Let's block ads! (Why?)



In praise of prepping...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire