mardi 30 mai 2017

Boat prep

Long time lurker… thanks for all the information. I finally registered an account to post this question

I am finally realising my dream and have sold my business and boat a boat to travel the world on. I have 3 months left of consulting to the new owners and then I can head out so I have some time to complete my preparations. I purchased a 64ft catamaran with dual electric motors powered by sun and wind with dual diesel engines and dual generators backup. I have already acquired all the parts to rebuild the diesel engines and generators, 2 backup electric motors, dual electrical wiring for all systems, all electronics have backups as well.

All appliances, refrigerator etc, are electric and can run off of the panels and battery banks and/or generators. It will just be me and my dogs and some good books and other entertainment.

What I want to know is if home canned foods can survive being out near the ocean or will the lids rust to quickly to make them useful, will buckets with Mylar and oxygen absorbers hold up? Are there some other ways to store food supplies? I have a lot of storage space.

I do have fishing poles for catching dinner and other survival equipment for an ocean going vessel. Is there anything else that anyone can suggest to have in case the world goes to h*ll in a hand basket while I am out?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Boat prep

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire