mardi 30 mai 2017

My brother from another mother sent me this to do sommit with

Hopefully the old bushrat will come up for air soon, LOLOL miss his posts,
so Carney, get yer butt out of tha river and leave the gators and snakes be for a while brother!!!!
anyway, he sent me this old blade a while back to do something with, Has a split for style guard that's pinned, scales are shrunk and cracked, so replacing them, with I think Carbon-fiber, I have some decent .250 thick,maybe a neon green or red liner, re buff and polish the blade, and bring the profile back, I might use Chicago screws instead of rivets, or some threaded barrel security screws,

About the knife, it certainly is a blast from the past, I have to do some research on it, but this is stamped on the Blade,

WILKERSON
C D
KNIVES

That is stamped on the blade, just below the guard. scales appear to be what was once a nice Burl, probably curly maple, but shrinkage and cracks have doomed em. Rivets ar brass cutlers rivet's. looks like shes worn down on width about 1/16 or lil less than 1/8. lot of light pitting from rust, that will buff out. It is Carbon steel, probably 5160 but i will see if i can narrow that down.

anyone familiar with this name? My goggle-fu is weak tonight, all ive been able to find is Wilkinson (as in Wilkinson sword fame)

Let's block ads! (Why?)



My brother from another mother sent me this to do sommit with

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire