lundi 29 mai 2017

The 1977 Farm

I would like to share some of my early season spoils from the family farm with you guys.Here are my cherries that are being harvested during this week.
Each one is hand picked and inspected for my own use.
We have 20 cherry trees, half white and the other half red.
I will preserve some, pit and dry, and jam a few bottles to!

I also have many other fruits, veggies and 200 walnut trees growing.
Persimmon, lime, apricot, Bartlett pear, plum, prune, chestnut, guava, pomegranate, 5 types of grapes, mandarins, tangelos,watermelons, yellow melons, cantaloupe, honeydew, pumpkin orange, lemon, pommelo, quince, and 2 types of lime.
Every year we grow many varieties of veggies/melons and vines on 4 acres set aside just for that. Summer squashes,red beans, cranberry beans, napa cabbage, lettuce, radish, beets, carrots, and I'm sure I forgot a few. This is a family run farm and 2 locations totaling 22 acres.

Photo of the middle, I may add a few bee hives come next year.

Feel free to ask questions which I may or may not answer depending on what it is and if I am knowledgeable on the subject. I'm no pro but have experience helping the family farm in 2 countries and enjoy growing my own food. I've had a few small failures and many big successes. Opinions are welcome to.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



The 1977 Farm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire