vendredi 26 mai 2017

"Expired" FAK items - what is OK to keep?

A few years back, I put together what I consider to be a pretty comprehensive first aid kit . . . which I put in a closet and basically ignored. Yesterday, I decided I should probably check the various contents for expiration dates, and of course, many items were at least a couple years past theirs. I understand that, in some cases, the stated expirations pertain to the sterility of the packaging, which I'm not too concerned with since none have ever been opened and I keep items separated into freezer bags by category - bandages, burn treatment, etc. However, I don't know which, if any, have pretty "hard" dates and should be thrown out.

Can anyone chime in on some of these items, as to whether they should continue to be safe for use vs. go in the garbage, or used for training purposes?

- Israeli bandage
- Eyewash (individual dose containers)
- Burn cream
- Bite/sting cleaner
- Mouth pain gel
- Antibiotic ointment
- Pepto-Bismol
- Burn Free wound/burn sterile dressing
- Instant cold compress

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"Expired" FAK items - what is OK to keep?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire