mardi 17 octobre 2017

D.I.Y. Underground Fallout Shelter Suggestions

Hey everybody, first and foremost, I have been researching this, and this topic is in regards to my potential setup, with specific questions in regard to my thoughts.

I would love to have a underground fallout shelter. Big dream, but why not plan ahead of time. Below are some thoughts I would like to recieve some advice on.

1) How deep do you really need to be to protect yourself from different SHTF situations? For example, chemicals, radiation, tornados/hurricanes, nuclear blast winds. I personnaly think 12" would suffice, but some people say 6ft.

2) How think would a cement pad need to be to support a structure? How think is the cement used for basement flooring?

3) Would a single cinder block wall be strong enough enough to support a cement/cinder block roof and being buried 12-24" underground? The blocks would be cemented together of course.

4) How would you actually build the roof? I imagine a cement roof would way quite a bit depending on thinkness, and would it "require" rebar? The roof would need to be able to support the weight of the dirt from question 1) above.

5) What product would you use to seal the cement/cinder blocks from moisture?

I'm sorry if all this can be found using search but most of what I found was just "use concrete, not a shipping container" lol.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



D.I.Y. Underground Fallout Shelter Suggestions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire