mercredi 24 janvier 2018

Non Fiction. "Trail of Poppies" My Journey of Remembrance.

During 2015, I completed a 3,500 mile long journey of remembrance to all, on both sides who died or suffered during the Great War a century ago.

My journey began on an almost unknown battlefield in Asiatic Turkey, before I followed the battlefields right across the European continent until they ended at the English Channel in Belgium. (Plus a bit more to get home to Yorkshire.)

As well as telling the story about my journey with the many pitfalls & difficulties that I encountered, including dog attacks, illness, theft, an attempted mugging, lack of money, starvation and the unhappiness that the nature of the journey caused my mind. My book accurately tells the story of the events that took place on those battlefields a century ago.

Although my book has been available as an Ebook on Amazon since October, I decided in December 2017 that it would be better to give it away as a free PDF instead, as it's not morally right to try to make money on the back of so much suffering.
It's still on amazon, but for the minimum off 99 cents which I have been giving to charity.

Although I did the journey & wrote the words, the story belongs to the millions of dead from a century ago. Read it if you want, but please share it, as it's my aim to publicise the less well known battlefields in the run up to the centenary of the Armistice in November 2018.

Thanks.

Trail of Poppies by Phil Brotherton..pdf

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Non Fiction. "Trail of Poppies" My Journey of Remembrance.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire