lundi 4 mars 2019

My cat got sick

I lost a cat to bladder stones 10 years ago, so I knew the signs.

I called my reliable cab guy and he was there in 10 minutes. I took Biscuit to the vet.

Bladder stones. He got a catheter and flush, catheter stayed in overnight. I got him back the next day, took him home, giving him medicine and special food.

Overall he is doing pretty well. I am pleased with that. I am glad I made the right call and took him in. If I hadn't he would have died, he was totally blocked.

I am happy to have him home. He is almost back to meeting us at the door, but is hanging out near us and purring like crazy when we pet him.

But. Some of my blog readers have been awful. I am following the advice given me by the vet, to feed him a special dry formula and lots of water available to drink.

Some feel that isn't good enough and are engaging in vicious personal attacks.. It's like WTH? He's my cat, I'm going to do what seems best. Regardless of the outcome, I answer to GOD for my actions here.

But they are quite upset I am not taking random advice from complete strangers.

Do you ever get this when your pets are sick?

About the only way I hope this affects him long term, I will need to board him when I go out of town so he can be monitored and fed his special diet, without the other cats eating it.

Hopefully that will be the only long term adjustment, a new food, and boarding when Mom goes out of town.

But the way this person carried on (at least one, maybe a couple) you would swear I beat him and set him on fire! Just nuts.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



My cat got sick

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire