vendredi 1 mars 2019

When we are gone

I am single, childless, and that's unlikely to change.

When I die i won't have "people to remember me"

and that's ok.

1. I won't care.
2. People are quite literally alive right now because of me.
From Marine buddies to people I've helped as a volunteer Fire Fighter and EMT, to the girl who got drunk and high on her 21st birthday and quit breathing in the bar attached to the restaurant I was eating at.
Because I had a folding CPR mask in my pocket I breathed for her till the ambulance got there. (There's another in my pocket right now) a

Then there was the Heimlich maneuver in the reasturant. Who knows who will be the teacher or roll model of the next Thomas Eddison

Make a difference, go take a CPR or Community first aid class from.your local red cross.

I can't tell you how many times I've stopped people from yanking a possible spinal injury out the car as I stopped at wreck.

I've started setting up at gun shows again. I let the "kids" handle my guns (I have quite the variety out) I talk to them about them.... I know they don't have money... I don't care.

Last show a dad had his 12 year old there. Kid was WAY into guns. (Like I was) I talked to him, let him mess with some toys, and theni gave him a box of "steel core" Norinco 7.62x39 after explaining what it was and the ban.
Want a bet that although I won't remember it next month that kid will remember me for YEARS?

Like a friend of my dad's friend who have me a POS .22 pistol when I was a kid. I never even met him.

Or my buddies kid I gave a .22 bolt action I picked up at auction for $25

There is no telling who one of them might influence, just like people who influenced me.

Ripples in a pond.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



When we are gone

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire