vendredi 8 mars 2019

Wow- Leaving the Militia is Bitter

I guess we are done with the organized State Militia. I posted my wife’s and my involvement with them. I mentioned my 1SG position and then my promotion to SMG when I retired to the Major’s Staff. What I probably never mentioned was that my wife got her state commission as a 2LT. Nice looking certificate plus state orders to promote her.

Anyway, I asked her the other day where that was as I was thinking I’d make her a book to keep her a record of her adventures in the militia. She said she tore it up. I suggested she may decide she wanted it at some point if only as a memento. She said NO. I guess I sense bitter. I pointed out the book I had for my military documents (nothing for a “wall” I’d want to frame on my office wall or anything but still a history of my 22 years that maybe a future grandkid may find interesting). She said she didn’t care about it.

So I can’t make a book to show that. The fact is she may join the other Horse Guard unit at some point. She loves the concept of belonging that much. I figured she would want all of those to reflect on but she obviously doesn’t. I don’t understand…

The woman was awarded many special things but kept none of them. All I’m trying to do is build a record of her service. I would imagine when she is 80 or so, she’d pull out the book and show people what she did or someone else could pull it out and show her who she was if she is getting to the forgetting part in her life. I know my Mom does that when we pull out the book that we made for her. We can draw her back into memories that she will trigger on. But this will be a tough one. I’ll keep trying though.

I guess I’m merely trying to do something I think is special for her since I’m looking into a future I know I may leave given my age and I was trying to make something up for her. I guess I’m wrong.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Wow- Leaving the Militia is Bitter

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire